Center for Faith & the Arts
Phoenix Readers latest show was titled
Southern Folk Tales
It included fifteen performances across Rowan and Cabarrus counties
for church groups, school groups, retirement centers, and the general public. Have no fear though, because the Phoenix Readers
will return with an all new show in late August!
Click "read more" to learn more about Readers Theatre!
Registration for Fall 2016 Classes is Now Open!
Fall Session 1: September 5, 6, 7 to October 10, 11, 12
Fall Session 2: October 17, 18, 19 to November 28, 29, 30 (no class Thanksgiving week)
Begin your week feeling refreshed and relaxed with renewed energy and a sense of well-being. Experience a holistic journey for the mind, body, and spirit through the healing art and science of yoga in a safe and supportive environment. On this journey you will be guided through:
- Techniques to facilitate proper breathing and awareness of the breath.
- Movement as meditation through awareness and integration with the breath.
- Gentle postures that promote a healthy spine and improve posture and balance.
- Postures that gently strengthen muscles and promote functional range of motion of the joints, creating a healthy balance of strength and flexibility.
- Meditations that promote deep relaxation and a sense of inner peace.
The limbs of yoga practiced in this 90 minute class will gently release energy blockages preventing the free flow of energy in each layer of your being and balance these energies. Thereby, nourishing each layer and re-establishing the harmony between them for an increased state of wellness and well-being. With consistent practice your body will become more vital, strong, and flexible; your mind more clear, focused, and creative; and your spirit lighter and more joyful.
This class is taught in a small group format and is designed with the beginner level student in mind. Although, all levels are welcome and would benefit from this slow and gentle, yet profoundly effective practice.
Classes held at CFA and taught by Debra McNeil, OTR/L, CEP, RYT.